A ghost writer is a writer who writes books, stories, articles, or other texts that are officially credited to another person. Ghost writers’ services can include:
- Editing and proofreading rough drafts.
- Researching subject matter and compiling manuscripts.
- Transcribing recordings and compiling manuscripts.
- Writing complete manuscripts based on the requirements provided by the author.
All copyrights are given to the client/author who purchased the ghostwriter’s services. Sometimes acknowledgement by the author is given in the acknowledgements or introduction section of the book. Partial credit can be given on the cover of the book signified by the phrase “with…” or “as told to…” The ghost writer may be credited as a “contributor” or a “research assistant”.
Often a nondisclosure statement is signed whereby the ghostwriter is forbidden to reveal their role in the production of the written work.
1. I have been writing for over ten years for various industries.
2. All of the ghostwriting manuscripts I have worked on have made it into the top 10 sellers list on Amazon.
3. I am a devoted Christian anointed to write under the Holy Spirit’s guidance.
4. I am experienced in both ministry and secular communications which allows for greater reach to various and targeted audiences.
5. I can create a Content Marketing Strategy which is imperative for authors and speakers to gain influence in the social media arena.
6. I can guide clients through the self-publishing routes.
- I sign a non-disclosure agreement ensuring that your ideas/messages are safe with me.
- I will send you a project outline that will give me an idea of your main objective of the book, the themes, target audience, conversational style, allocated budget, timeline and various other details.
- I will charge an hourly rate to listen to any recordings or to read any supplied manuscripts or notes that you have already prepared. This amount will be deducted from the final quote amount if the quote is accepted.
- I will send through any questions I may have in order to create a customised quote.
- I will create a quote that includes pricing, timeline and payment schedule.
Getting down to the nitty gritty…..
- Once you have accepted and signed the quote I require a 50% deposit for the first milestone before any work will commence.
- I begin working on your book.
- I will be in constant contact with you to discuss the progress of the book, ask questions and provide feedback/guidance on any needed changes.
- Once the draft for the first milestone is completed I will send it to you for any changes/comments.
- I will make any final touches as per comments/change requests and then create a complete work.
- Payment for each milestone is made within 7 days of delivery of the manuscript.
- This process (steps 1- 6) is repeated for each milestone.
- I send the completed manuscript to my proof reader.
- I send the proofread manuscript to you for any minor changes.
- Final payment is made within 7 days of delivery of the manuscript.
Unfortunately authors underestimate the cost of hiring a ghostwriter and certain variables need to be considered before a final costing can be given:
1. Current notes or the completion of a manuscript.
2. Word count.
3. Research required to complete the manuscript.
4. Decisiveness of current manuscript (will the author request many changes)
A typical novel is around 50,000 words and a lifestyle or spirit-filled manual ranges from 25,000 -75,000 words. Ghost writers can charge either per word, per page, per hour or provide a fixed fee, with the going rate being .60cents – $1 per word. Children’s books are obviously cheaper.
Where possible I always prefer to give my clients a fixed fee quote so they know exactly what to expect. When you hire me you are paying for my extensive experience, IT and technical know-how, inspiration, honesty and dedication to your project.
The price I quote for your job will include:
• All communication via email, phone or Skype.
• Reading, listening to audio recordings and research.
• Ghostwriting for the agreed number of pages.
• Two rounds of minor revisions.
• Proofreading (by an external resource).
All my prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and are quoted with Goods and Services Tax (GST).